Young Dealers Getting it Right
Who They Are and What They Do
At Latique.com, we think it is important to recognize young innovators in the business, as well as the seasoned veterans who were the pioneers of this industry. While there is no denying the brilliance and tenacity of dealers like my very own grandfather Clements, I continue to be impressed (and amazed!) at the growing number of young dealers making a break for it on their own. The antiques business isn't always an easy one, and we want to credit some young guns out there making it work. Here's the start of a great list we plan to add many names to over the years...
• pictured above: Nicole and Brant of Brant Mackley Gallery, Hershey, PA http://www.brantmackley.com/
"Offering exceptional antique Indian and world tribal art"
• Amanda O'Brien of Stephen O'Brien, Jr. Fine Arts, Boston, MA http://www.americansportingart.com
"The Country’s leading dealer in antique shorebird and waterfowl decoys, as well as fine American, sporting, and western paintings"
Watch her interview with Latique on YouTube at the Philadelphia Antiques Show in March.
• John Chaski, John Chaski Antiques, Camden, DE http://www.johnchaski.com/
"Buying and selling objects of quality and integrity that celebrate the creativity of the human spirit"
• Dan Salk, Daniel Salk Antiques, New York and Connecticut http://salkantiques.com/
"Specializing in the finest 18th, 19th and 20th Century decorative arts and furniture"
Read more about Dan in our blog.
• Justin Garrett, Legacy Antiques, Dallas, TX http://legacyantiques.com/
"A vast selection of antique lighting, 18th, 19th, early 20th Century antiques, and fine reproductions"
• Heather Hansen of Jan Whitlock Textiles, West Chester, PA http://www.janwhitlocktextiles.com/
"18th and 19th century textiles, furnishings, and more"
Bravo to the next generation of antiques and art dealers-- together we'll carry on the traditions, keep the tales alive, and share our passion for antiques with future generations.
Know a rising star we can add to our list? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org